I just thought i should do a little intro to this post. I know this blogger personally and can honestly say that he is one of the most intense and deepest people i know. I wasn't surprised while reading what he wrote below, because that's the kind of person i have always suspected him to be. I was excited when he decided to share a bit of his story with me. I knew when the wooing process was going on, thanks to his frequent and delightfully emotional status updates at the time on BBM and was silently rooting for him the entire time. I was thrilled when i saw that he'd finally gotten together with his dream girl. Now, lemme step aside so you all can hear from him:
One of the good things about having friends who write is the fact that they sometimes encourage those of us who have forgotten the joy of writing to rediscover it. A big thank you goes out to Mimi Barber for encouraging me to write again. I would also like to say that I am honored to be asked to be a guest blogger on “My World as I See It”. To understand the reason for this post, you may have to go back and read some of my older writings on My 2 Kobo (sorry Mimi, just had to plug my blog in here :-D). You see, I had a bit of a struggle a while back with the issue of loving and being loved. Let’s just say the sea of my emotions was quite turbulent at the time. All that ended when I decided to leave everything in God’s hands and let Him “take the wheel” so to speak. Several months down the line, I can confidently say I have a testimony and the woman He has prepared for me is now part and parcel of my life. In other words, I am truly, madly, deeply in love with the most amazing girl. I can’t really go into details of how I wooed her and failed miserably at first. All I can say, is when I finally “let go and let God”, things happened in a way that even I cannot really explain.
Mimi has asked me to talk about how it feels to be in love from a man’s point of view. Well, I am not sure I can actually describe the feeling. All I know is I have finally found someone who completes me, who makes every effort to understand me and is perfectly willing to take me “as is” (all major flaws included). Never mind the fact that I met her in January, 2010 and we didn’t start a relationship until May, 2011. The wait was worth it. Looking back, I realize that I was not prepared to love someone in that capacity at the time. I obviously thought I was and became very frustrated at my lack of success in wooing her in record time but now I understand why God made me wait. One can never know the true meaning of love until it is truly experienced and I must confess that I am just now learning the true meaning of the word.
The people around me tell me there’s something different in my countenance. I smile a lot more, I’m no as easily irritated as I used to be and I am generally less inclined to curse danfo drivers and okada riders on the road. I find that I am now more focused on putting things in order so that I can claim my bride as soon as possible. I am saving a lot more money and doing financial planning for two instead of one. These were things it never occurred to me to do even when I thought my last relationship would end in marriage but they come so naturally now and I surprise myself sometimes. For the first time, I have been able to discuss the issue of marriage with my father and not come away feeling like I don’t know what I’m doing which is a significant development me. In short, I am constantly seeking advice and looking for ways to better myself so I can be the man, she deserves to marry.
I know all this is not what one would expect to hear when people talk about love. I decided to deviate from most of the “mushy” stuff and talk about reality. I am doing the things any real man should do in order to be prepared to take care of the woman God has given him. Above all else, I am seeking God’s face because the woman I love has so hidden her heart in Him. I had to seek Him first to find her and now that I have, I do not intend to lose her by straying from Him. “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;” Eph 5:25. Christ loved the church unconditionally and sacrificed Himself for her. How many of us men out there would give our all for the woman we love? I intend to be an example of sacrificial love when it comes to my wife-to-be. I intend to care for her more than I care for myself. I intend to honour her above all men. In that way, I will earn her love and respect she shows me the way a real man should.
I am sure I will be posting a lot more writing about the lessons I am learning through courtship even into marriage. Incidentally, my girl also writes and we may even co-author some posts for your reading pleasure in the near future. For now, you can check her out at Hit n Run Mullings (sorry again Mimi, had to plug her too). That’s all for now. Stay blessed and thanks for stopping by.

Awwww, this is so sweet. To think that you were patient enough to wait for over 1 year, you must really mean serious business. All da best
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, this is the best thing i've read today! For real you should send a version of this post to the daily newspapers with 5 top tips of falling in love for me.
ReplyDeleteI love your practical approach to love. It's oozing with the assurance and confidence every woman needs to hear from a man she's with.
The best bit about the post was 'Above all else, I am seeking God’s face because the woman I love has so hidden her heart in Him.' that speak volumes...
Your post makes me appreciate Mr.Luffa a whole lot more... thanks for sharing...
www.musluffa.wordpress.com
Ahhh...its so wunderful to read of this love:) Good luck to the pair!
ReplyDeleteI'm in the love with that whole paragraph "The people around me...be the man, she deserves to marry" Those are the kind of things that come to mind when i think about love. (Though i will admit to being a hopeless romantic and enjoying all the mushy stuff too)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad he allowed God to work through him to understand what love really is all about. That's the way things should be. Now they're both working towards making themselves be the best they can be for each other.One word: selfless love. This is a key to strong marriages which will last after all the mushy mushy emphasized on has gone away...
ReplyDeletehttp://thespringinmysteps.blogspot.com/2011/07/this-marriage-issue.html
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww okay I could aww more but I dont want to annoy anyone
ReplyDeletethis is the sweetest thing yet! glad to hear it from a male's perspective. She is a lucky girl and from the looks of things so are you!
Congratulations on all the good things that life has in store for you!
Lovely post..:-) thanks for sharing..Now I am off to her blog..:)
ReplyDeleteOmg this is beautiful!!!! Awwww love is amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteWowww this is truly beautiful like Blessing said... and this is probably going to be the best blog post I've read for a while now...she's really a lucky woman..
ReplyDeleteThanks guys. I'm definitely the lucky or rather favored one here and I thank God for making it impossible for me to go astray.
ReplyDeleteI wish you both the best. It;s always good to read from a man's point of view.
ReplyDeleteReally sweet
ReplyDeleteMakes a nice change to hear from a man
Eyyaaa! This is really cool :D I wish them the very best
ReplyDeleteAdiya
Muse Origins (Creative Nigerian Features)
Muse Origins
So touching and romantic!
ReplyDeleteI also hope you remain hidden in Him, so that your love will last forever!
Wish you Gods grace in everything!
I always love hearing 'the guy's point of view..All the best as you make your plans. God be with both of you.
ReplyDeleteAwww, So you are the one! I know her :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you are consciously making God a priority! Wishing you both all the best!
Awww i am in love thats all i can say.
ReplyDeletewww.secretlilies.blogspot.com
Awesome,Awesome!!! U so on point. All the best. :)
ReplyDelete